2009年6月2日 星期二

Group Project Discussion 1







We decided our group project to be the research on the English teaching centers on SL. At first, we parted for a while to search for places to do the research. I typed the key word “English”, and found a place called “English Village”, but it looked desolate. There was no building or plants or other things. Some of the places I found didn’t allow me to teleport my avatar. So I didn’t find the appropriate places.

And then I went back to Hubert to meet my group members. Alina found a place called ESL, so she teleport us there. She told us that she knew a girl who taught there. I went around the place to visit the surrounding and I notice the classes are quite expensive; perhaps they are relatively inexpensive than the classes in RL. Alina gave us the link that girl provided her. There is a school timetable. There are English class, Chinese class, Italian class, and Spanish class.

Malisa found a place called “Englishtown”. It was a beautiful place with many wooden buildings and a fountain on a cross street. Walking into the teaching center, it was a big hall with many armchairs. And then we found there were a lot of computers. I tried the computer. I clicked the screen and it linked to the website of EF(English First). There it provided many English learning interactions and the advertisement of the class.

We decided to interview the owners and the students of the teaching center. So we will design the questions first, and then communicate people of the teaching center. And we still had to keep searching for new places to do the research.

沒有留言:

張貼留言